Odds On Racing Scholarship
Full tuition for four years. Now nothing is holding you back.
The Odds On Racing Scholarship is new four-year, full-tuition scholarship award. “This is such an incredible opportunity for students - who may have thought that attending the UA to prepare for a career in racing was financially out of reach - to take that first step toward their career goals,” said Wendy Davis, Director of the Race Track Industry Program.
The Odds On Racing Scholarship will be available to incoming freshmen or transfer students and will cover all tuition costs of attending the UA’s RTIP.
The scholarship is thanks to a very generous donation from racing enthusiast and horse owner Dana Parham and is named for his standardbred racing operation, Odds On Racing Stable. Parham donated the funding for the scholarship to support an industry that he’s passionate about and has been involved with in a variety of areas over the years. Through this gift, he’s supporting the next generation of professionals who will steward the sport into the future.
“We are incredibly grateful for this gift and the doors it will open for the students who receive it. This award allows the best and brightest students, from any financial background, who are interested in racing to attend the UA and join the list of distinguished RTIP alumni,” said Davis.
Especially appropriate is the name of the scholarship – Odds On Racing. This gift will certainly allow the recipient to be the odds-on favorite to succeed in their career goals
Apply for the RTIP Odds On Racing Scholarship
- March 30 — Current RTIP students
- June 30 — New students enrolling for the Fall Semester
You are eligible to apply for the RTIP Odds On Racing Scholarship if:
- You are officially considered an out-of-state student by the University of Arizona
- You are currently enrolled or have been accepted to the University of Arizona
- You are, or will be, an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Animal Sciences and the Race Track Industry Program
- You have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- You have an immediate past semester GPA of at least 3.0.
To Apply—Complete RTIP Odds On Racing Scholarship application and attach:
- A complete transcript.
- An essay discussing your involvement and career goals in racing and what receiving this award would mean to you.